By Jonas X. Yuan
Study, with assistance from useful examples, how you can enforce a whole company intranet utilizing the beneficial properties of Liferay. This publication is for approach directors or skilled clients (not inevitably programmers) who are looking to set up and use Liferay of their groups or companies with out facing advanced code. Pre-knowledge of Liferay isn't anticipated for this publication.
Sams educate your self Tumblr® in 10 Minutes bargains easy, functional solutions should you want quick effects. by means of operating via 10-minute classes, you’ll examine every thing you should use Tumblr to create a weblog for sharing tweets, hyperlinks, textual content, media, e-mail, something! each one compact lesson zeroes in on crucial concepts, with speedy, step by step directions that assist you do it correct the 1st time!
Tips indicate shortcuts and solutions
Cautions assist you steer clear of universal pitfalls
Notes supply more information
10 mins is all you must learn the way to…
By Ayman Hourieh
This ebook is a beginner's consultant to layout, increase, and installation a fully-featured dynamic web site utilizing the gains of Django. This e-book is for net builders who are looking to see tips to construct a whole website with internet 2.0 beneficial properties, utilizing the facility of a confirmed and well known improvement procedure, yet don't unavoidably are looking to learn the way an entire framework features for you to do that. uncomplicated wisdom of Python improvement is needed for this booklet, yet no wisdom of Django is anticipated.
By Peter G Aitken
By Michael Sikora
The EJB three (Enterprise Java Beans model three) specification is a center element of enterprise-level JEE (Java Platform company version) implementations and this more advantageous model is determined to simplify the improvement of firm Java applications.
This publication covers the middle parts of EJB three know-how, exploring them in a concise demeanour with many aiding examples. you are going to achieve a radical figuring out of EJB three expertise and know about an important beneficial properties of EJB three speedy.
What you are going to research from this book?
This booklet will train you the center components of EJB three know-how. You will:
- Gain a swift creation to the EJB three necessities whereas studying concerning the underlying principles
- Create Entities, Message-Driven Beans, consultation Beans and their clients
- Look at operating an EJB consumer from an program shopper container
- Learn the way to package deal and set up an EJB
- Use JQPL (Java endurance question Language)
- Explore the entity supervisor interface
- Learn approximately object/relational mapping with EJB 3
- Look on the Java Messaging API and message-driven beans
- Look at transactions, interceptors, and EJB timer services
- Understand how EJB three differs from the 2.x version
- Implement EJB 3's defense features
This publication is a fast paced instructional that explores the most important gains of EJB three with many accompanying examples. This booklet isn't really a whole reference consultant, yet a concise exploration of EJB 3's middle elements.
Who this booklet is written for?
This e-book is basically geared toward specialist builders who have already got a operating wisdom of Java. firm architects and architects with a history in Java may additionally locate this e-book of use. prior event of operating with Java is key and information of relational databases is desirable.
As this ebook is an advent to EJB three, it's geared toward people who are new to EJB three. because the re-creation of EJB is so extensively assorted from the former model (EJB 2.x), the publication is appropriate for and will be of curiosity to those that have had event operating with EJB 2.x. The textual content makes it transparent the place the variations among the types of EJB lie, even though they don't seem to be explored in detail.
By Jesse Dhammu
By Jan Korst
The good fortune of multimedia details platforms to appropriately meet the wishes of gaining access to and providing audio/video details from a wide multimedia server relies seriously at the right use of garage and retrieval algorithms compatible for this activity.
Multimedia garage and Retrieval describes quite a few algorithms from uncomplicated to classy: from unmarried consumer to a number of clients, from constant-bit-rate to variable-bit-rate streams, and from unmarried disk to a number of disks. This e-book emphasizes garage and retrieval of video facts utilizing magnetic disk platforms and its hassle-free, mathematical technique concentrates at the primary algorithms.
- Provides these new to the topic with the fundamental rules of the layout and research of video-on-demand structures and publications the reader in the direction of a radical realizing of the field.
- Comprehensively covers disk scheduling algorithms, together with around robin, double and triple buffering, grouped sweeping, and twin sweep.
- Extensively treats garage recommendations, together with contiguous and segmented garage, song pairing, striping, and random redundant storage.
- Concludes with extra optimizations within the quarter of video transmission, overlaying bit-rate smoothing and close to video-on-demand strategies.
Senior undergraduate and graduate scholars on laptop technological know-how and electric engineering classes will all locate this ebook attractive. Researchers and people in also will locate it a useful reference.
By Kristofer Layon
Everybody has been speaking concerning the cellular net in recent times, and extra folks are searching the internet on smartphones and comparable units than ever sooner than. yet such a lot of what we're viewing has now not but been up-to-date for cellular presentation. How can designers deliver extra of the internet on top of things with the services of brand new cellular devices?
By Matthew Langham
Cocoon: development XML functions is the consultant to the Apache Cocoon undertaking. The booklet includes the a lot wanted documentation at the Cocoon venture, however it doesn't restrict itself to simply being a developer's guide. The ebook motivates using XML and XML software program (in specific open resource software). It includes every thing a newbie must get going with Cocoon in addition to the certain info a developer must strengthen new and intriguing elements to increase the XML publishing framework. even if each one bankruptcy builds upon the former ones, the booklet is designed in order that the chapters is also learn as person publications to the themes they talk about. diversified "hands-on" examples are used to make the underlying recommendations and applied sciences completely transparent to an individual beginning out with Cocoon. Chapters that aspect the author's adventure in construction net purposes are used to embed Cocoon into the "real international" and entire the image. [md]Matthew Langham and Carsten Ziegeler
By Dani Nordin
Are you a solo net clothier or a part of a small group itching to construct fascinating initiatives with Drupal? This hands-on ebook offers the instruments and methods to get you going. Award-winning dressmaker Dani Nordin courses you thru website making plans, teaches you ways to create stable, user-centered layout for the Drupal framework, and exhibits you tips for utilizing genuine, honest-to-goodness, developer Ninja Magick.
This booklet is a compilation of 3 brief guides—Planning Drupal Projects, Design and Prototyping for Drupal, and Drupal improvement tips for Designers—plus particular "director’s material." If you’re conversant in HTML and CSS, yet suffering from Drupal’s studying curve, this can be the ebook you’ve been having a look for.
- Get additional fabric, together with an improved Grids bankruptcy, extra urged modules, and a brief shape venture plan
- Learn the way to paintings user-centered layout practices into Drupal projects
- Choose the perfect modules in your venture, and realize a number of go-to modules
- Use concepts for sketching, wireframing, and designing potent layouts
- Manage Drupal’s markup, together with code generated by way of the robust perspectives module
- Learn the best way to paintings with Drupal at the command line
- Set up your improvement setting and collaborate with different designers and developers
- Learn the fundamentals of Git, the loose open resource model keep watch over system