By Elizabeth Wager, Fiona Godlee, Tom Jefferson
Description: this can be a functional consultant to significant varieties of peer evaluate compatible particularly for the newbie, but additionally useful to the skilled researcher. It offers an easy and concise rationalization of the peer assessment method with invaluable advice either for the reviewer and reviewee. using a bit funny tables drives domestic the foremost points.Purpose: this is often meant as a pragmatic guide to aid the reader live to tell the tale peer overview and turn into a reliable reviewer. those are priceless ambitions simply because this can be a primary strategy in educational examine. The authors are potent in assembly those goals.Audience: This e-book is directed at humans at a variety of degrees of clinical education. an individual filing to see reviewed journals, quite newcomers reminiscent of scholars, citizens, fellows, and junior college may still locate this e-book very important. in spite of the fact that, there are a few worthwhile and useful assistance that much more senior school would get advantages from.Features: coated is peer assessment of magazine articles, convention abstracts, furnish proposals, expert peer overview, and casual overview from the perspective of the reviewer and reviewee. The dialogue on peer reviewed journals is very invaluable and thorough. the foremost shortcoming i discovered is the omission of the dialogue of initial information for furnish submissions. it's not pointed out in any respect and but is necessary to the popularity of grants.Assessment: This publication succeeds admirably as an relaxing, informative, and functional guide of peer overview. even supposing i've got adventure within the magazine evaluate approach, this publication is the 1st considered one of its type that i've got encountered. i've got benefited from studying it and want that I had entry to it prior in my profession. this may be beneficial addition to each scientific institution book place and library. it can be used as a textual content in classes on learn layout and method.
By Kiyoshi Igusa
The e-book is dedicated to the idea of topological better Franz-Reidemeister torsion in $K$-theory. the writer defines the better Franz-Reidemeister torsion in response to Volodin's $K$-theory and Borel's regulator map. He describes its houses and generalizations and reviews the relation among the better Franz-Reidemeister torsion and different torsions utilized in $K$-theory: Whitehead torsion and Ray-Singer torsion. He additionally provides tools of computing greater Franz-Reidemeister torsion, illustrates them with a variety of examples, and describes quite a few functions of upper Franz-Reidemeister torsion, rather for the learn of homology of mapping category teams. jam-packed with up to date info, the ebook offers a different learn and reference device for experts operating in algebraic topology and $K$-theory.
By Jean Marie Stine
The ''must have'' publication through the stated professional for self-help/how-to company, restoration, activities, overall healthiness, self-improvement, pastime, crafts, overall healthiness, and New Age writers. ''If you stick to just a 3rd of her suggestion, you will have a winning book.'' Jeremy Tarcher, writer Tarcher-Putnam. during this particular booklet, author-editor Jean Marie Stine indicates writers easy methods to keep away from the error that maintain so much self-help books from discovering publishers and rancid the bestseller lists in the event that they are released.
By W. Jason Gilmore
Книга DNS и BIND посвящена одному из основных элементов сети Интернет - распределенной базе данных информации об узлах, которая служит основой преобразования имен в адреса, маршрутизации почты и многих других служб. Как пишут авторы в предисловии, если вы работаете в Интернете, то уже применяете DNS, возможно, и не подозревая об этом.Четвертое издание книги включает информацию о версии nine пакета BIND, в которой реализовано много новых и очень важных механизмов, а также о версии eight, входящей в состав большинства действующих коммерческих разработок. Пакеты BIND eight и nine позволяют значительно повысить уровень безопасности служб DNS.
Администраторы, ежедневно работающие с DNS, а также пользователи, желающие подробнее изучить принципы работы Интернета, найдут эту книгу весьма полезной.
Рассмотрены следующие темы:
- Функциональность DNS, принципы ее работы и причины использования;
- Поиск собственного места в пространстве имен сети Интернет;
- Установка и настройка серверов имен;
- Применение МХ-записей для маршрутизации почты;
- Настройка хостов для использования DNS-серверов;
- Разделение доменов на поддомены;
- Обеспечение безопасности DNS-сервера: ограничение входящих запросов, запрещение несанкционированной передачи зон, обход фальшивых серверов и многое другое;
- Новые возможности BIND nine, включая виды, прямое и обратное отображение IPv6;
- Расширения системы безопасности DNS (DNSSEC) и подписи транзакций (TSIG);
- Распределение нагрузки между серверами имен;
- Динамические обновления, асинхронные уведомления об изменениях зон, пошаговая передача зон;
- Решение проблем при помощи nslookup и dig, чтение отладочного вывода, наиболее распространенные проблемы
- DNS-программирование с применением библиотеки DNS-клиента и модуля Perl Net:DNSАвтор книги: Пол Альбитц и Крикет Ли
Язык книги: Русский
Формат книги: pdf (95% OCR, часть - вставки картинками)
By Ed Swick
Take the angst out of studying German
Interested in studying to talk German yet cannot inform the variation among a strudel and a schnauzer? little need to suppose intimidated! With German Demystified you will increase language abilities so fast you will move for a wunderkind.
Organized into twenty chapters that disguise key grammar subject matters, this booklet includes the construction blocks for the storehouse of your new German language abilities. overlaying universal verb tenses, crucial vocabulary, worthwhile adjectives and adverbs, or even the right kind technique to ask questions, this consultant makes studying what could be a tough language either easy and enjoyable. try out your self on the finish of each bankruptcy for reinforcement that you are speedy in your solution to conversing, writing, and knowing German.
This quickly and straightforward advisor features:
- Clear grammatical motives that illustrate how the language works>
- Numerous examples that position new vocabulary in functional context>
- Helpful writing and talking routines that deliver the German language to life>
- Coverage of daily subject matters, conversational expressions, and cultural information>
- Quizzes on the finish of every bankruptcy strengthen new language skills>
Simple adequate for a newbie yet tough adequate for a extra complex scholar, German Demystified is your shortcut to gaining knowledge of this complicated language.
By Gershon Brin
By Martin Rundkvist
By Lui Sha, Sathish Gopalakrishnan, Xue Liu, Qixin Wang (auth.), Philip S. Yu, Jeffrey J. P. Tsai (eds.)
Many networked desktops are a ways too at risk of cyber assaults which could inhibit their functioning, corrupt very important facts, or divulge inner most details. no longer unusually, the sphere of cyber-based structures seems to be a fertile floor the place many projects may be formulated as studying difficulties and approached by way of laptop studying algorithms.
This ebook comprises unique fabrics by way of top researchers within the region and covers functions of other computer studying equipment within the protection, privateness, and reliability problems with cyber house. It allows readers to find what sorts of studying tools are at their disposal, summarizing the nation of the perform during this vital zone, and giving a category of present work.
Specific gains comprise the following:
- A survey of assorted techniques utilizing computer learning/data mining thoughts to augment the normal safeguard mechanisms of databases
- A dialogue of detection of SQL Injection assaults and anomaly detection for protecting opposed to insider threats
- An method of detecting anomalies in a graph-based illustration of the knowledge gathered through the tracking of cyber and different infrastructures
- An empirical learn of 7 online-learning tools at the activity of detecting malicious executables
- A novel community intrusion detection framework for mining and detecting sequential intrusion styles
- A resolution for extending the features of latest platforms whereas concurrently conserving the steadiness of the present platforms
- An photograph encryption set of rules according to a chaotic mobile neural community to accommodate details defense and insurance
- An evaluation of knowledge privateness study, interpreting the achievements, demanding situations and possibilities whereas pinpointing person study efforts at the grand map of information privateness protection
- An set of rules in keeping with safe multiparty computation primitives to compute the closest pals of documents in horizontally dispensed facts
- An strategy for assessing the reliability of SOA-based structures utilizing AI reasoning recommendations
- The types, homes, and purposes of context-aware net prone, together with an ontology-based context version to allow formal description and acquisition of contextual details concerning provider requestors and services
Those operating within the box of cyber-based platforms, together with commercial managers, researchers, engineers, and graduate and senior undergraduate scholars will locate this an critical advisor in developing structures immune to and tolerant of cyber assaults.